Monday, February 15, 2010

Melt Your Heart

Well hello!!

It has been a long time, but here I am, giving blog some love.

I am currently taking the semester off from school and have a bit of free time to do stuff such as blog. I hope to blog about great things in 2010. This is MY year. This is the year I am going to live for me FIRST and take care of myself.

I have done well for myself so far, but I think I can do much better. It is only February so it is certainly onward and upward everyday. The motivation is one of the hardest parts and a roller coaster ride at that. (I HATE ROLLERCOASTERS) Some days I feel like I can run 20 miles, clean the entire house sparkly clean, and run all necessary errands. Then...there are days I don't feel like doing ANYTHING. I give myself a one free pass on that if I have worked a lot the previous days, but those free passes aren't getting me closer to my goals.

All in all, I am happy with what I am doing and getting back on track towards my ultimate goals.

So, I will start with this last weekend.

I have decided to use my new Weight Watchers cookbook I got for Christmas and find a recipe every week. I make the recipe in full and take leftovers to work for about 3 days of enjoyment. I have done this with a few times, but my last meal adventure was documented :)


There are a lot of yummy recipes in here:


I decided on the recipe SAUSAGE MUSHROOM AND TOMATO STEW


First, I browned some turkey sausage, mushrooms, and zucchini.



Then, I added the kidney beans, petite cut tomatoes, tomato sauce, and spinach and let it simmer over medium heat.



All the while, I decided I needed some CARBS!! I decided on some red potatoes. I have wanted to roast some red potatoes for a while now, so I found a simple way to put them together. I cubed the reds, tossed them in olive oil and mixed in some onion soup mix. I roasted them for about 40 minutes.




I could hardly wait to dig in. This meal was so filling and hearty. I have taken it to work the last few days and it's just as good each time I heat it up :)





Since the BF isn't big on Valentines day, I called this my Valentines dinner to myself. After I cleaned up the mess, I cleaned up and gave myself a manicure and pedicure...With bright red fingers and toes. It was really nice. Here I am, loving MYSELF. I am learning that YOU are the most important person in YOUR life and LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!!!! :)


I also thought I would share with you my Valentines Box I made for work. I don't really think I need to explain my motivation behind it. People instantly knew it was mine when they saw it.


Enjoy!

I think that's it for now, I plan to use my camera lots more and post more for your visual pleasure.

Thanks for reading

Peace. Emily.

3 comments:

Mallory said...

Good to see you back to blogging! Love the food and the box!! So cute.

Jess said...

LOVE YOU Em!!!

Kayla W. said...

LOVE IT! Your box is adorable :) And that food looks delish! I may need to get myself that recipe book!